Monday, November 27, 2006

Thumb tacks in my toffee apples

I continue to be astonished by my embarrassing inability to deal with spicy food. I had lunch today at a restaurant in Deira called La Palma, which is Arabic for 'buffet lunch'. The buffet lunch was really good, and good value at three courses for 60 bucks. What follows is an actual conversation I didn't have with one of the waiters:

Waiter: Are you enjoying your food?
Me: Sweet Jehoshaphat! Are you trying to kill me? Seriously, how often do people's heads just explode on the first mouthful?
Waiter: Not very often.
Me: What is the flavouring on this beef? Super mega chili? I can't feel my tongue. Or my eyelids!
Waiter: It's barbecue, sir.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hellooo - where are the updates! How are we meant to find out about life in Dubai? hmmm?
Kat

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to getting more information about this topic, don't worry about negative opinions.