Monday, March 05, 2007

Who's whom of what not

Alright, settle down. I know it's been a while, but Helen is activity based and we've been couch slouches lately. Me? I'm just lazy.

But I will tell you this:
  • My new pet grammar hate in Dubai: 'revert' used instead of 'respond'. It's everywhere! 'Please revert back with any comments.' Aaaaaargh!
  • The tiny island kingdom of Nauru has the highest incidence of diabetes in the world, around 30%. A spokesperson for the White House (la Casa Blanca) has stated that America is sparing no effort in its attempt to be number 1.
  • I am slowly mastering the principals of driving in Dubai. Slow down fast and speed up fast, drive fast, hold fast and we'll be fast friends, except during fast.
  • Helen is going to Egypt with her dad. I'm leetle jealous.
  • What ever happened to the youngest son in the Growing Pains season? You know, the blond boring one? While trying to ask Google, I discovered that growing pains often strike in the late afternoon or early evening and disappear by morning. I guess those are the perils of syndication. Apparently once young Jeremy Miller is playing someone's uncle in the upcoming Chinese made movie Milk and Fashion. He never seemed avuncular to me, but hey, people change.
  • It's late where I am. Night-night rabbitses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like driving in dubai is like driving in europe (from what I've seen of it). Except if you dont brake hard enough you end up in a sand bank, not a 500 year old bakery.

Unknown said...

We have a guy here in Australia who claims that "revert" is standard South African usage. It's the most bizarre thing I've ever come across.