Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Pretenders

Ok ok so I have been a it lax this week with updating the blog, my apologies. Since I didn't take too many photos of last weekend I'll be brief.


The highlight was Friday nights trip to the Irish Village where we watched Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders perform. For those of you who don't know them, you do you just don't recognise the name. Their best known hit is probably Stand By You.. (think lalala, I'll Stand by you, won't let nobody hurt you, i'll stand by you.)


Still nothing? Well nevermind. It was a great night out. We were right at the front and Geoff even managed to sneak one of her guitar pick's out.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't know how it was in SA, but 'round the U.S. they had MUCH bigger hits with "Brass In Pocket" and "Back on the Chain Gang." You know, just to help your readers figure it out. :)

Geoff said...

Seriously? I'm surprised, because I think "I'll stand by you" is much more iconic.

Although Bill Murray's version of "Brass in pocket" in Lost In Translation was classic...

Unknown said...

That's odd, I coulda sworn it was Scarlett Johansson (hhhhhhhot!) singing "Brass in Pocket" and Bill Murray singing "More Than This."

Face it Geoff, I will always know more about Japan AND more about movies set in Japan than you will. :) :)

But I do love "I'll Stand By You" much more than the other songs. I even loved the video.